Monday, 7 September 2009

Less than 24 hours to go

Tomorrow is a day of flying, it will take only an hour to get from Stockholm to Helsinki where we change planes and then we have another 9 and a half to go before we reach our destination of Tokyo. Actually, 11 1/2 hours gets you to Narita airport and then you have another hour's travelling to go before you get to Tokyo... or according to our hotel's website, 66 minutes if you take the airport limousine bus and 67 if you take the train. Can't argue with that kind of precision... makes you want to keep your stopwatch handy though :)

Our stuff in the flat has been moved to the attic (again) and our bags are all packed so we have nothing else to do but listen to soft rock music and surf all the places that we would like to go to.

There is always a strange feeling the night before you embark on something big/ life changing/ in unchartered territory, an anticipation mixed with a nervousness. A twinge of anxiety that something will happen a just the last minute and your one chance will be swept away. I don't know why I feel this way, maybe I'm a natural pessimist (though I've never though of myself as one) or maybe I don't feel like I have done anything to deserve something this special... Who knows... I guess the way forward is to commit it to God and then go to sleep :)

Tomorrow is an exciting day!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking very much forward to the first words on Japan and Tokyo. Take some pics for me too =) Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete